Allen’s Neck Meeting was originally part of Dartmouth Monthly Meeting which met at Apponegansett Meeting House in Dartmouth. In 1758 they felt the need to have their own House of Worship and built their new Meetinghouse on a hill overlooking Buzzard’s Bay about six miles down the road from the Apponegansett Meetinghouse. The new Meetinghouse was finished in 1761.
Allen’s Neck and Smith Neck Meeting still met at Apponegansett once a month for a business meeting. In 1813 Allen’s Neck Meeting was officially designated as the “West Preparative Meeting” by Dartmouth Monthly Meeting. Preparative Meetings hold their own meetings for worship and have limited authority to conduct business. Some preparative meetings will eventually become Monthly Meetings. This was the case with Allen’s Neck when they experienced growth in membership and in 1955 the process began to establish Allen’s Neck as a Monthly Meeting. The process was completed in 1956 when Dartmouth Monthly Meeting approved of Allen’s Neck becoming a Monthly Meeting separate from Dartmouth Monthly Meeting.